An instructor resource publication describing enhancements and faculty tools developed for Course 2: Laser Systems and Applications, 2nd Edition.
OP-TEC Course 2, Laser Systems and Applications, was completed in 2014. College faculty teaching photonics technicians used this text in 2014-2016 and provided suggestions for revisions. Course 2 has been updated and the second edition is now available. In addition to printed textbooks, the revised version is available as an eTextbook.
To support the use of Laser Systems and Applications OP-TEC staff have prepared the following enhancements for students and faculty:
• Complete indexes, located at the end of each module.
• An “Acronym Glossary”, located in the back of the text.
• Lab videos, showing setup, operation, safety precautions and some measurements.
• Copies of all the figures used in the modules. A PDF version and a Power Point version are available.
• Student Assignment Videos: A listing of videos that will further explain the content or demonstrate an application for each of the first nine modules.
• Student Assignment Questions for use with each video.
Lab Videos can be accessed at http://optecvideo.opteccrm.org/laser-systems-and-applications/lab-videos/.
Figures and images used in the modules can be downloaded without cost by placing an order on the OP-TEC store website at: